List of publications:
1. Tamir Klein, Christophe Randin, Christian Körner. (2015) Water availability predicts forest canopy height at the global scale. Ecology Letters 18:1311-1320.
2. Fyodor Tatarinov, Eyal Rotenberg, Kadmiel Maseyk, Jerome Ogée, Tamir Klein, Dan Yakir (2015) Resilience to seasonal heat wave episodes in a Mediterranean pine forest. New Phytologist.
3. Tamir Klein, Eyal Rotenberg, Fyodor Tatarinov, Dan Yakir. (2015) Sap flow-derived forest canopy CO2 uptake conforms to estimation from eddy covariance. New Phytologist 209:436-446.
4. Jessica A. Savage, Thomas Arnold, Michael Clearwater, Dustin Haines, Tamir Klein, Maurizio Mencucinni, Sanna Sevanto, Robert Turgeon. (2015) Allocation, Stress Tolerance and Transport: How Does Phloem Physiology Impact Plant Ecology? Plant, Cell and Environment.
5. Tamir Klein (2015) Drought induced tree mortality: from discrete observations to comprehensive research. Tree Physiology 35:225-228.
6. Tamir Klein, Idan Springer, Ben Fikler, Gil Elbaz, Shabtai Cohen, Dan Yakir (2014) Water-use efficiency of forest trees: preeminence of Aleppo pine over Palestine oak. Ecology and Environment (in Hebrew).
7. Tamir Klein, Günter Hoch, Dan Yakir, Christian Körner (2014) Drought stress, growth, and nonstructural carbohydrate dynamics of pine trees in a semi-arid forest. Tree Physiology doi: 10.1093/treephys/tpu071.
8. Tamir Klein, Günter Hoch (2014) Tree carbon allocation dynamics using a carbon mass balance approach. New Phytologist 205:147-159.
9. Tamir Klein (2014) The variability of stomatal sensitivity to leaf water potential across tree species indicates a continuum between isohydric and anisohydric behaviors. Functional Ecology 28:1313-1320.
10. Gal Wittenberg*, Alexander Levitan*, Tamir Klein*, Inbal Dangoor, Nir Keren, Avihai Danon (2014) Knock down of the Arabidopsis thaliana chloroplast protein disulfide isomerase 6 results in reduced levels of photoinhibition and increased D1 synthesis in high light. The Plant Journal 78:1003-1013.
11. Tamir Klein, Eyal Rotenberg, Ella Cohen-Hilaleh, Naama Raz-Yaseef, Fyodor Tatarinov, Jerome Ogée, Shabtai Cohen, Dan Yakir (2014) Quantifying transpirable soil water and its relations to tree water use dynamics in a water-limited pine forest. Ecohydrology 7:409-419.
12. Tamir Klein, Dan Yakir, Nina Buchmann, Jose m. Grünzweig (2013) Towards an advanced assessment of the hydrological vulnerability of forests to climate change-induced drought. New Phytologist 201:712-716.
13. Tamir Klein, Idan Springer, Ben Fikler, Gil Elbaz, Shabtai Cohen, Dan Yakir (2013) Stomatal regulation, water-use, and water-use efficiency in two coexisting Mediterranean tree species. Forest Ecology and Management 302:34-42.
14. Tamir Klein, Giovanni Di Matteo, Eyal Rotenberg, Shabtai Cohen, Dan Yakir (2012) Differential ecophysiological response of a major Mediterranean pine species to climatic gradient. Tree Physiology 33:26-36.
15. Tamir Klein, Eyal Rotenberg, Dan Yakir (2012) The eco-demographic crisis. Ecology and Environment 3:263-273 (in Hebrew).
16. Christopher Reyer, Sebastian Leuzinger, Anett Wolf, Tamir Klein, Thomas M Kuster et al. (2012) Review: A plant's perspective of extremes: Plant and ecosystem responses to changing climatic variability. Global Change Biology 19:75-89.
17. Tamir Klein, Shabtai Cohen, Dan Yakir (2011) Hydraulic adjustments underlying drought resistance of Pinus halepensis. Tree Physiology 31:637-648.
18. Tamir Klein, Deborah Hemming, Tongbao Lin, José m. Grünzweig, Kadmiel Maseyk, Eyal Rotenberg, Dan Yakir (2005) Association between tree-ring and needle δ13C and leaf gas exchange in Pinus halepensis under semi-arid conditions. Oecologia 456: 987-996.