List of Papers:
Zachut M, Sood P, Livshitz L, Kra GS, Levin Y, Moallem U. (2016). Proteome dataset of pre-ovulatory follicular fluids from less fertile dairy cows. Data in Brief. 26;7:1515-8.
Zachut M, Sood P, Levin Y, Moallem U. (2016). Proteomic analysis of preovulatory follicular fluid reveals differentially abundant proteins in less fertile dairy cows. J Proteomics. 29;139:122-9.
Zachut M, G. KraS, Y. Portnik, F. Shapiro and N. Silanikove
(2016). Milk glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase activity and glucose-6-phosphate are associated with oxidative stress and serve as indicators of energy balance in dairy cows. RSC Adv., 6:65412-65417.
Zachut M, and U. Moallem. (2017).
Consistent magnitude of postpartum body-weight loss within cows across lactations and the relation to reproductive performance. J. Dairy Sci. 100(4):3143-3154.
Zachut M, Kra GS, Livshitz L, Portnick Y, Yakoby S, Friedlander G, Levin Y. (2017). Proteome dataset of subcutaneous adipose tissue obtained from late pregnant dairy cows during summer heat stress and winter seasons. Data Brief. 4;12:535-539.
Zachut M, Kra G, Livshitz L, Portnick Y, Yakoby S, Friedlander G, Levin Y. (2017). Seasonal heat stress affects adipose tissue proteome toward enrichment of the Nrf2-mediated oxidative stress response in late-pregnant dairy cows. J Proteomics. 31;158:52-61.
Sood P, Zachut M, Dekel Y, Dube H, Jacoby Y, and Moallem U. (2017). Preovulatory follicle characteristics and oocyte competence in repeat breeder dairy cows. J Dairy Science. Accepted.
Skibiel, AL, Zachut M, do Amaral BC, Levin Y and Dahl GE. (2017)Liver proteomic analysis of postpartum Holstein cows exposed to heat stress or cooling conditions during the dry period. J Dairy Science. Accepted.
18. Zachut, M. 2015. Defining the Adipose Tissue Proteome of Dairy Cows to Reveal Biomarkers Related to Peripartum Insulin Resistance and Metabolic Status. J Proteome Res. 2;14(7):2863-71.
17. Sood P., Zachut M., Dube H., Moallem U. 2015. Behavioral and hormonal pattern of repeat breeder cows around estrus. Reproduction. 149(6):545-54.
16. Zachut M, Honig H, Striem S, Zick Y, Boura-Halfon S, Moallem U. Periparturient dairy cows do not exhibit hepatic insulin resistance, yet adipose-specific insulin resistance occurs in cows prone to high weight loss. J Dairy Sci. 2013 Sep;96(9):5656-69. doi: 10.3168/jds.2012-6142.
15. Moallem U, Neta N, Zeron Y, Zachut M, Roth Z. Dietary α-linolenic acid from flaxseed oil or eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acids from fish oil differentially alter fatty acid composition and characteristics of fresh and frozen-thawed bull semen. Theriogenology. 2014 Dec 12. pii: S0093-691X(14)00683-9. doi: 10.1016/j.theriogenology.2014.12.008.
14.Moallem U, Shafran A, Zachut M, Dekel I, Portnick Y, Arieli Dietary α-linolenic acid from flaxseed oil improved folliculogenesis and IVF performance in dairy cows, similar to eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acids from fish oil.Reproduction. 2013 Oct 26;146(6):603-14. doi: 10.1530/REP-13-0244. Print 2013 Dec.
13.Moallem U, Vyas D, Teter BB, Delmonte P, Zachut M, Erdman RA.Transfer rate of α-linolenic acid from abomasally infused flaxseed oil into milk fat and the effects on milk fatty acid composition in dairy cows. J Dairy Sci. 2012 Sep;95(9):5276-84. doi: 10.3168/jds.2012-5415.
12. Moallem U, Zachut M.Short communication: the effects of supplementation of various n-3 fatty acids to late-pregnant dairy cows on plasma fatty acid composition of the newborn calves.J Dairy Sci. 2012 Jul;95(7):4055-8. doi: 10.3168/jds.2012-5457.
11. Honig H, Miron J, Lehrer H, Jackoby S, Zachut M, Zinou A, Portnick Y, Moallem U.Performance and welfare of high-yielding dairy cows subjected to 5 or 8 cooling sessions daily under hot and humid climate.J Dairy Sci. 2012 Jul;95(7):3736-42. doi: 10.3168/jds.2011-5054.
10.Zachut M, Arieli A, Moallem U.Incorporation of dietary n-3 fatty acids into ovarian compartments in dairy cows and the effects on hormonal and behavioral patterns around estrus. Reproduction. 2011 Jun;141(6):833-40. doi: 10.1530/REP-10-0518.
9. Moallem U, Blanck R, Lehrer H, Livshitz L, Zachut M, Arieli A Effects of high dietary crude protein on the characteristics of preovulatory follicles in dairy heifers.J Dairy Sci. 2011 Feb;94(2):785-92. doi: 10.3168/jds.2010-3565.
8.Zachut M, Arieli A, Lehrer H, Livshitz L, Yakoby S, Moallem U Effects of increased supplementation of n-3 fatty acids to transition dairy cows on performance and fatty acid profile in plasma, adipose tissue, and milk fat. J Dairy Sci. 2010 Dec;93(12):5877-89. doi: 10.3168/jds.2010-3427.
7.Moallem U, Werner D, Lehrer H, Zachut M, Livshitz L, Yakoby S, Shamay A.Long-term effects of ad libitum whole milk prior to weaning and prepubertal protein supplementation on skeletal growth rate and first-lactation milk production. J Dairy Sci. 2010 Jun;93(6):2639-50. doi: 10.3168/jds.2009-3007.
6.Moallem U, Lehrer H, Zachut M, Livshitz L, Yacoby S.Production performance and pattern of milk fat depression of high-yielding dairy cows supplemented with encapsulated conjugated linoleic acid.Animal. 2010 Apr;4(4):641-52. doi: 10.1017/S1751731109991364.
5.Zachut M, Dekel I, Lehrer H, Arieli A, Arav A, Livshitz L, Yakoby S, Moallem U.Effects of dietary fats differing in n-6:n-3 ratio fed to high-yielding dairy cows on fatty acid composition of ovarian compartments, follicular status, and oocyte quality.J Dairy Sci. 2010 Feb;93(2):529-45. doi: 10.3168/jds.2009-2167.
4.Moallem U, Lehrer H, Livshitz L, Zachut M, Yakoby S.The effects of live yeast supplementation to dairy cows during the hot season on production, feed efficiency, and digestibility.J Dairy Sci. 2009 Jan;92(1):343-51. doi: 10.3168/jds.2007-0839.
3. Zachut M, Arieli A, Lehrer H, Argov N, Moallem U.Dietary unsaturated fatty acids influence preovulatory follicle characteristics in dairy cows. Reproduction. 2008 May;135(5):683-92. doi: 10.1530/REP-07-0556. Epub 2008 Feb 22.
2. Moallem U, Katz M, Arieli A, Lehrer H.Effects of peripartum propylene glycol or fats differing in fatty acid profiles on feed intake, production, and plasma metabolites in dairy cows. J Dairy Sci. 2007 Aug;90(8):3846-56.
1.Moallem U, Katz M, Lehrer H, Livshitz L, Yakoby S. Role of peripartum dietary propylene glycol or protected fats on metabolism and early postpartum ovarian follicles. J Dairy Sci. 2007 Mar;90(3):1243-54.