Plant molecular biology, tissue culture and transformation
List Of Publications:
1.Madmon O, Mazuz M, Kumari P, Dam A, Ion A, Mayzlish-Gati E, Belausov E, Wininger S, Abu-Abied M, McErlean CS, Bromhead LJ, Perl-Treves R, Prandi C, Kapulnik Y, Koltai H.Expression of MAX2 under SCARECROW promoter enhances the strigolactone/MAX2 dependent response of Arabidopsis roots to low-phosphate conditions.Planta. 2016
2.Abu-Abied M, Mordehaev I, Sunil Kumar GB, Ophir R, Wasteneys GO, Sadot E. Analysis of Microtubule-Associated-Proteins during IBA-Mediated Adventitious Root Induction Reveals KATANIN Dependent and Independent Alterations of Expression Patterns.PLoS One. 2015 Dec 2;10(12)
3.Abu-Abied M, Rogovoy Stelmakh O, Mordehaev I, Grumberg M, Elbaum R, Wasteneys GO, Sadot E.(2015) Dissecting the contribution of microtubule behaviour in adventitious root induction J Exp Bot. 2015 Mar 18.
4.Kumar M, Pandya-Kumar N, Dam A, Haor H, Mayzlish-Gati E, Belausov E, Wininger S, Abu-Abied M, McErlean CS, Bromhead LJ, Prandi C, Kapulnik Y, Koltai H.(2015). Arabidopsis response to low-phosphate conditions includes active changes in actin filaments and PIN2 polarization and is dependent on strigolactone signalling. J Exp Bot.
5.Abu-Abied M, Szwerdszarf D, Mordehaev I, Yaniv Y, Levinkron S, Rubinstein M, Riov J, Ophir R, Sadot E. ((2014). Gene expression profiling in juvenile and mature cuttings of Eucalyptus grandis reveals the importance of microtubule remodeling during adventitious root formation. BMC Genomics.15:826
6. Buchnik L, Abu-Abied M, Sadot E(2014). Role of plant myosins in motile organelles: Is a direct interaction required. J Integr Plant Biol.
7.Levy A, Szwerdszarf D, Abu-Abied M, Mordehaev I, Yaniv Y, Riov J, Arazi T, Sadot E(2014). profiling microRNAs in Eucalyptus grandis reveals no mutual relationship between alterations in miR156 and miR172 expression and adventitious root induction during development. BMC Genomics. 25;15:524.
8.Pandya-Kumar N, Shema R, Kumar M, Mayzlish-Gati E, Levy D, Zemach H, Belausov E, Wininger S, Abu-Abied M, Kapulnik Y, Koltai H (2014). Strigolactone analog GR24 triggers changes in PIN2 polarity, vesicle trafficking and actin filament architecture. New Phytol. ;202(4):1184-96.
9.Li J, Staiger BH, Henty-Ridilla JL, Abu-Abied M, Sadot E, Blanchoin L, Staiger CJ (2014). The availability of filament ends modulates actin stochastic dynamics in live plant cells.. Mol Biol Cell;25(8):1263-75.
10. Altshuler O., Abu-Abied M., Chaimovitsh D., Shechter A., Frucht H., Dudai N. and Sadot E. (2013) Enantioselective Effects of (+)- and (-)-Citronellal on Animal and Plant Microtubules. J. Nat. Prod. 76(9):1598-1604
11. Riov J., Szwerdszarf D., Abu-Abied M., Sadot E. (2013) The molecular mechanisms involved in adventitious root formation. Plant Roots: The Hidden Half, 5th edition, Eds. A. Eshel and T. Beeckman, Taylor and Francis, LLC
12. Abu-Abied, M. Szwerdszarf, D. Mordehaev, I. Levy, A. Rogovoy (Stelmakh), O. Belausov, E. Yaniv, Y. Uliel, S. Katzenellenbogen, M. Riov, J. Ophir, R. and Sadot E. (2012) Microarray analysis revealed upregulation of nitrate reductase in juvenile cuttings of Eucalyptus grandis which correlated with increased nitric oxide production and adventitious root formation. Plant J. 71(5):787-99
13. Chaimovitsh D., Rogovoy (Stelmakh) O., Altshuler O., Belausov E., Abu-Abied M., Rubin B., Sadot E. and Dudai N. (2011) The relative effect of citral on mitotic microtubules in wheat roots and BY2 cells. Plant Biol. 14(2):354-364.
14. Avisar D., Abu-Abied M., Belausov E. and Sadot E. (2011) Myosin XIK is a major player in cytoplasm dynamics and is regulated by two amino acids in its tail. J. Exp. Bot. 63(1):241-9.
15. Sorek N, Gutman O, Bar E, Abu-Abeid M., Running M.P, Lewinsohn E, Ori N, Sadot E, Henis Y.I and Yalovsky S. (2011) The effects of prenylation and s-acylation on G proteins membrane interaction dynamics and function. Plant Physiol. 155(2):706-20.
16. Halper M, Abu-Abied M, Avisar D, Moskovitz Y, Altshuler O, Cohen A, Weissberg M, Riov J, Gottlieb H.E, Perl A and Sadot E (2011) Rac-dependent doubling of HeLa cell area and impairment of cell migration and cell cycle by compounds from Iris germanica Protoplasma. 248(4):785-797.
17. Faltin Z, Holland D, Velcheva M, Tsapovetsky M, Roeckel-Drevet P, Handa AK, Abu-Abied M, Friedman-Einat M, Eshdat Y, Perl A. (2010) Glutathione peroxidase regulation of reactive oxygen species level is crucial for in vitro plant differentiation. Plant Cell Physiol. 51(7):1151-62
18. Chaimovitsh D, Abu-Abied M, Belausov E, Rubin B, Dudai N, Sadot E.(2010) Microtubules are an intracellular target of the plant terpene citral. Plant J. 61(3):399-408.
19. Avisar, D., Abu-Abied, M., Belausov, E., Sadot, E., Hawes C. and Sparkes I.A. (2009) A comparative study on the involvement of 17 Arabidopsis myosin family members on the motility of Golgi and other organelles. Plant Physiol. 150(2) 700-709.
20. Abu-Abied M, Avisar D, Belausov E, Holdengreber V, Kam Z, Sadot E. (2009) Identification of an Arabidopsis unknown small membrane protein targeted to mitochondria, chloroplasts, and peroxisomes. Protoplasma 236(1-4): 3-12.
21. Lippman ZB, Cohen O, Alvarez JP, Abu-Abied M, Pekker I, Paran I, Eshed Y, Zamir D. (2008) The making of a compound inflorescence in tomato and related nightshades. PLoS Biol. 18;6(11):e288.
22. Golomb L, Abu-Abied M, Belausov E, Sadot E. (2008) Different subcellular localizations and functions of Arabidopsis myosin VIII. BMC Plant Biol. 2008 Jan 8;8:3.
23. Zaffryar S, Zimerman B, Abu-Abied M, Belausov E, Lurya G, Vainstein A, Kamenetsky R, and Sadot E. (2007) Developmental specific association of amyloplasts with microtubules in scale cells of Narcissus tazetta. rotoplasma. 230(3-4):153-63.
24. Abu-Abied, M., Golomb, L., Belausov, E., Huang, S., Geiger, B., Kam, Z., Staiger,C.J. and Sadot E. (2006) Identification of Plant Cytoskeleton-Interacting Proteins by Screening for Actin Stress Fiber Association in Mammalian Fibroblasts. Plant J. 48;367-379.
25. Yasuor, H., Abu-Abied, M., Belausov, E., Madmoni, A., Sadot, E., Riov, J. and Rubin, B. (2006) Glyphosate-induced anther indehiscence in cotton is partially temperature-dependent and involves cytoskeleton and secondary wall modifications and auxin accumulation. Plant Physiol. 141(4):1306-15.
26. Bloch D, Lavy M, Efrat Y, Efroni I, Bracha-Drori K, Abu-Abied M, Sadot E. and Yalovsky S. (2005) Ectopic Expression of an Activated RAC in Arabidopsis Disrupts Membrane Cycling. Mol Biol Cell. 2005 Apr;16(4):1913-27.
27. Lahav M, Abu-Abied M, Belausov E, Schwartz A and Sadot E. (2004) Microtubules of guard cells are light sensitive. Plant Cell Physiol. 45(5) 573-582.
28. Perl A, Lotan O, Abu-Abied M, Holland D (1996). Establishment of an Agrobacterium mediated transformation system for grape (Vitis vinefera L. ): the role of antioxidants during grape -Agrobacterium intractions. Nature Biotechnology 14(5):624-628.
29. Holland D, Abu Abied M, Sahar N and Saad S (1995). Cotyledon detachment inhibits development but does not affect precocious flowering of Duncan grapefruit. Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture 41:79-82
30. Abu Abied M and Holland D (1994). Two newly isolated genes from citrus exhibit a different pattern of diurnal expression and light response. Plant Mol. Biol 26:165-173.
31. Abu Abied M and Holland D (1994) The gene c-ino1 from citrus paradisi is highly homologous to tur 1 and ino 1 from yeast and spirodela encoding for myo-inositol phosphate synthase (1994). Plant Physiol. 106:1689.
32. Eshed Y, Abu Abied M, Saranga Y and Zamir D. (1992). Lycopersicon esculentum lined containing small overlapping introgressions from L.pennellii. Theor Appl Genet 83:1027-1034.
33. Pnueli L, Abu Abied M, Zamir D, Schwarz-sommer,Zs, and Lifschitz E. (1991). Members of a new gene family in tomato are temporarily expressed during flower development and all their domains share a common ancector with homeotic genes from antirrhinum and arabidopsis. Plant Journal 1:255-266
34. Perl-Treves R, Abu Abied M, Magal N, Galun E and Zamir D. (1991) Genetic mapping of tomato cDNA clones encoding the chloroplastic and cytosolic isozymes of superoxide dismutase. Biochemical Genrtics 28:543-552
35. Sarfatti M, Abu Abied M, Katan J and Zamir D. (1991) RFLP mapping of I1, a new locus into tomato conferring resistance against fusarium oxysporum f. sp. Lycopersici race 1. Theor Appl Genet 82:22-26
36. Sarfatti M, Abu Abied M, Zamir D (1990) Fusarium resistance genes in tomato. Eucarpia Tomato 90:15-18